Hello blog land. Is anyone still out there?
You guys. It has been way too long since I’ve posted. Life has been crazy and the little free time I’ve had has been spent reading instead of reading and blogging. I only finished 5 books in January, compared to the 15 I read last year!
A few updates:
- I joined my very first book club and our vote this month is for Little Fires Everywhere, so I’m really excited to start that soon. Everything I Never Told you, also by Celeste Ng was absolutely phenomenal, so I’ve got really high hopes for this one.
- I also joined Book of the Month and it is the best thing ever. If you haven’t already checked it out, you really should. Not only do I look forward to it at the beginning of each month, but the selections they have are books I would buy anyways.
- I have had Outlander on my TBR for what feels like forever, and I finally started it last week. It is really quite wonderful and I am crushing HARD on Jamie Fraser. If you’ve been on the fence about this one, I recommend picking it up. It’s one of those books that you think about even when you aren’t reading, because you just cant wait to immerse yourself in it again. I’m probably going to have to start the show too because, just look at this face:
- I don’t typically talk about movies in this space, but if you haven’t already seen I, Tonya, you really should. I was completely unprepared for how much I would love it and how well done it was. As a kid growing up loving the winter olympics, the news coverage surrounding this was a big and impactful part of my childhood. Watching the movie was a bit like going back in time.
- I went to an Eagles Bar yesterday and spent the day with die hard fans. I am not a football fan, like at all, and also not a big frequenter of bars, so to say I was outside of my comfort zone would be an understatement (the things we do for our friends, amiright?) Despite those things, I had an absolute blast. The energy was incredible and everyone was so happy. It was a truly unforgettable day.
- One of my 2018 goals is to blog more…..I’ll keep working on it.
- What is everyone up to? How is your 2018? What are you reading?